Patients with blood cancers and blood diseases need us now more than ever. You can make a life-saving difference when you raise funds and recruit new donors to the Be The Match Registry®.
As the global leader in blood stem cell transplantation, Be The Match® provides patients with a second chance at life by connecting them with their genetically matched donors. But every year, thousands still haven’t found their match.
The good news: you can help from wherever you are! Whether your chapter is connecting in school or through distance learning, Be The Match will help you launch your HOSA National Service Project. Everything you need is online, from digital registry drives to live-streaming capability to social pages and more.
FUNDRAISE: $100 adds one new potential life-saving donor to the registry. Every dollar you raise helps grow the registry, provide grants to patient families, and fund research to make transplant safer and more available to all patients.
RECRUIT: Patients are more likely to match with someone of their same ethnicity, which is why it is crucial to grow and diversify the registry. You can help by educating your community on the need for more donors and inspiring them to join the registry. All it takes is a simple cheek swab.
THE MORE, THE MIGHTIER: Our mission only succeeds through the strength of our community. Thank you for adding your collective power to this fight!
Questions? Contact us at [email protected].
If you have not launched your team page, do so now! (Under 18? Make sure your parent or guardian is nearby to provide consent.)
- Go to BeTheMatch.org/HOSAFundraising
- Choose “Start a page” and enter your initial information.
- Customize your team page, then connect it to your social media.
After setting up your team page, your advisor will receive an email from your Be The Match Representative. Your Be The Match Representative will work with you to setup an unique recruitment code and a link to edit virtual recruitment materials. Your unique code will be the way we track how many people your chapter adds to the registry.
Your Be The Match contact can also work with your chapter to learn more about how to add people to the registry, ensure you have the resources you need, and brainstorm fun ways to add more potential donors!
Once you’ve started a conversation with your Be The Match Representative and you’ve received your unique recruitment code, you’re ready to start adding people to the Registry!
- Use all the knowledge you’ve learned from Mission One to explain our mission to your friends and family
- Check out virtual marketing materials and create a free Canva account to customize our templates with your recruitment code
- Share on social media and direct people to Join.BeTheMatch.org/YOURCODE
Always provide your chapter’s recruitment code so we can track how many people you have added to the Registry!
Missed the first two missions? No problem. Get caught up here.
ABOUT BE THE MATCH
Thousands of people are diagnosed every year with life-threatening blood cancers and diseases like leukemia and sickle cell. They depend on Be The Match and our supporters to find a match to save their life.
As the global leader in blood stem cell transplantation, we connect the world’s largest and most diverse registry of donors with patients who are their genetic match. 30% of patients needing a transplant have a match within their family. The other 70% of patients turn to us for help.
ELIMINATING THE HEALTH DISPARITY
Patients are more likely to match with someone of their same ethnicity, which is why it is crucial to grow and diversify the registry. Thousands of patients each year are still searching for their match!
By fundraising and adding more people to the registry, we can increase the odds and make sure every patient has an equal chance at finding their life-saving donor.